Phishing is a type of online scam where a fraudster attempts to trick someone into providing sensitive information, such as passwords or credit card numbers, by posing as a trustworthy entity in an email or website. To protect yourself from phishing, you should:
- Be cautious of emails or messages asking for personal information or payment.
- Verify the legitimacy of a website or sender by checking the URL and email address.
- Use two-factor authentication and strong passwords.
- Keep your software and antivirus up to date.
- Be wary of urgency or fear tactics used in emails or messages.
- Educate yourself on phishing scams and stay informed on the latest tactics used by attackers.